Sunday, July 12, 2009

Cheap VOIP Calls

Hi all,

I recently moved overeas to study. As you might expect that a student never has enough money for himself leave alone to make expensive overseas calls. My situatio was same with my recent relocation. After setting up a place I was really worried about my diminishing bank account and how to be in touch with family & friends cheaply.

I started looking at different options nad fond a cheap one. VOIP services these days provide very good call quality at very economical cost. So first let me explain what is VOIP (voice over internet Telephony) is a technology that uses internet as a medium to make calls. As end users we only have to either subscribe to a VOIP service provider or download a free software from a VOIP service provider site and install it. After registration and paying an amount it is all about logging into account and make calls as usual. VOIP is a boon isn't it atleast I believe so. I googled for VOIP and found hundereds of VOIP providers. (Try Make cheap VOIP calls in google search).

An amazing thing that happened that my friends and family live in a country where a few VOIP service providers actually let you male free VOIP calls too. A boon for a student like. Though there are a few things to keep in mind that some VOIP providers may charge you less but may have average call quality so try a few and choose the most economical one.
Gone are the days when we had to phone somebody using phone cards and hear lag between each others voices. VOIP is a cheap option too, that I discovered when I was able to make a 2c/min or $1.2/Hr to a friend in India.
I would really prefer to give a few good VOIP service provider names but I don't want to look like I have some association with them and this is a marketing blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment